Here is a collection of books we have found useful. Please add your suggestions in the comments!
- Advocating for Children in Foster and Kinship Care by Mitchell Rosenwald and Beth Riley: “A guide to getting the best out of the system for caregivers and practitioners.”
- Raising Our Children’s Children by Deborah Doucette-Dudman.
- Raising Your Children’s Children: Help for Grandparents Raising Grandkids by Martha Evans Sparks.
- Grandparents as Parents: A Survival Guide for Raising a Second Family by Sylvie de Toledo and Deborah Edler Brown.
- The Sacred Work of Grandparents Raising Grandchildren by Elaine K. Williams.
- Relatives Raising Children: An Overview of Kinship Care edited by Joseph Crumbley and Robert Little.
- Kinship Foster Care: Policy Practice and Research edited by Rebecca L Hegar and Maria Scannapieco.